Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Physics Final Exam 2011
some are still available online: https://sites.google.com/site/dandradeedusite/Home/physics-class-files
Packets 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12
Worksheets from Sound, Light and Electricity and Magnetism
Don’t forget to check the class blog site – right side column, for study tips and review materials
Monday, May 16, 2011
Free Resources for Students
Seniors - before you head off to college and your future endeavors, here are some free resources for you:
1. College Packing List - this site has some great tips on packing list for your trip off to college. You can even create a shopping list from it for any items you don't have.
2. BarCharts Tips for Success - this site has some free downloads for you.
KEYS TO COLLEGE SUCCESS, SURVIVING THE COLLEGE RIDE, and WHAT YOU WON'T LEARN IN COLLEGE. These are all free and have great tips, ideas, and resources for you.
3. Summary of Great Web 2.0 Resources for Students - this has a list of 13 free, online resources that can help you as a student. Note taking, organizing, online homework help, file backup, study tips, and much more. You definitely want to check some of these out.
A couple of other good resources:
Advice and Tips to High School Students (tips before college):
Good luck next year!! Keep in touch!
(These are also useful for the Juniors too!)
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
This WebQuest will help students gain an understanding of rockets and rocket flight, how physics fundamentals are related to rockets, and how we will use model rockets.
1. go to http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/index.html and read the page.
2. click on “Guided Tours” on this page
3. on the “Guided Tours” page (http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/guided.htm ) go down the page to the “Rockets” section. You need to go through each section:
a. Forces on a Rocket (http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/rktfor.html )
b. Types of Rockets (http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/rktstomp.html )
c. Rocket Systems (http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/rockpart.html )
d. Rocket Flight (http://www.grc.nasa.gov/WWW/K-12/rocket/bmotion.html )
After you read each page, click on the
Make sure you click on the
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Experiment 33 Prism
Experiment 34 Convex Lens and Ray Diagram
Experiment 35 Color Mixing - Additive
Experiment 36 Color Mixing - Subtractive
Experiment 37 Refraction
Experiment 38 Refracting Telescope
In each experiment, change the settings and observe what happens. What do you notice? Is it what you expected?