Today we started the Rockets Project.
There are 5 groups maximum per class.
Rockets Project Information and Directions:
- Save your notes from the WebQuest. You will need them for the final project report.
- Everyone needs their own project packet. Make sure you read it all.
- Put your name on it!
- Read the whole thing.
- You will be filling in the notes, questions, calculations and more as you build the rocket.
- Bring the packet to class every day.
- Everyone will have to write up their own project report (in their own words) and turn in the packet. Reports will be due by the Final Exam.
- Do not wait until the last minute to start the report. You can work on it as you go through the project and then just finalize it after the launch.
- Rocket kits go into box top with paper with all team members' names.
- All equipment gets returned to the front of the room (glue, tape, rulers, etc).
- Make sure tops are tightly closed on glue.
- X-Acto knives get signed out and returned to me.
- Read all of the instructions carefully before starting any building of the rocket.
Also - remember to check PowerSchool to see if you are missing anything.
Final Exam information (reminder)
Final Exams (Seniors) These are during normal, long class periods.
Tuesday, 5/29 - Periods 1 and 7
Wednesday, 5/30 - Periods 2 and 6
Thursday, 5/31 - Periods 3 and 5
Friday, 6/1 - Period 4
Topics on the Final Exam include: Work, Power, Energy, Momentum, Circular Motion, Gravity, Matter, Heat and Thermodynamics, Waves, Sound, Light, Electricity and Magnetism, and Rockets.
You have gotten all of your work back, except for the Electricity homework. You will get that homework, and the answers, back at the end of this week.